|Salary Range:||Negotiable based on experience|
Under general supervision, provide technical software, hardware, and network problem resolution to clients. The FreePBX Technician receives and responds to customer inquiries and requests for technical assistance via the help desk management system.
Qualified candidate must have great customer service skills and able to work with wide range of personalities. This position requires the candidate to provide phone support and to travel around to various clients. The candidate must have great communication skills, over the phone or otherwise. Must be able to effectively perform root cause analysis, troubleshoot a wide variety of issues and document resolution methods when necessary.
The candidate chosen for this position will be required to participate in rotating 24/7 on-call schedule to handle customer issues reported after business hours.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of consulting support experience. Must have demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence. Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills.
• Must take ownership until problem is resolved, be customer service focused, be eager to expand knowledge, take on new challenges, be a self starter. The qualified candidate will be expected to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Advanced knowledge of and troubleshooting skills with FreePBX is a MUST.
• Experience with various utilities such as iptables, fail2ban and disk partitioning software.
• Experience with troubleshooting network related issues.
• Good oral and written communication skills with an ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals and effectively present information and respond to question from groups both inside and outside of the department.
• FreePBX Experience
• Basic understanding of VoIP
• Linux Operating Systems a Plus
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Outstanding customer service skills. Excellent communication skills for interaction with users at all levels. Strong ability to manage multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities. Takes initiative for self-management. Attention to detail is required.
• Cultivates and maintains positive relations with customers and IT staff. Fully understands how the business relates to the technical aspects of the position. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and drive projects to closure.
• Understanding of POTS, PRI, SIP, IAX
• Virtual Private Network (VPN)
• Basic troubleshooting (DHCP issues, physical setup, etc)
• Network Discovery, Assessments, and Written Analysis
• Setup, configuration, and maintenance of PBX Systems
• Implementation of Hosted PBX services
• Physical to Hosted Migrations, support, and maintenance
• Configuration of Firewalls/Routers
• Troubleshoot LAN/WAN connectivity issues
• Troubleshoot Internet connectivity problems
NOT REQUIRED BUT PREFERRED SKILL:
• Have experience with other vendor’s ACDs(Avaya, Interactive Intelligence, etc) Open-source platforms for call flow design and control (Asterisk, FreeSwitch, FreePBX, etc.), Oracle DBs, XML, UNIX and Linux.
• Troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered applications and how each system is interconnected.
• SIP media gateways and Session border controllers
• Associate / Bachelor Degree
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, stand/sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position will be Salary / Negotiable based on experience
Only local candidates will be considered as no relocation or per diem is available.
Candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screen.